By Lara Kretler, ds-connex team member
Whatever your Buddy Walk® event goals this year – whether to reach further out into the community, gain greater awareness for Down syndrome or even raise more funds – social media is a critical tool to get you there. Social media and community-building are so critical to the Buddy Walk® events’ success that they are two of the pillars on which ds-connex was built.
Interested in learning more about using social media to boost your community-building and fundraising efforts for your local Buddy Walk® event? Download our free guide in the Fundraising section of our ds-connex library.
• How to pick the right social platform for your social media efforts
• Why sharing is so important via Facebook, Twitter and from your Buddy Walk® online fundraising site itself
• How to vary your message and keep your Buddy Walk® fundraising posts interesting and engaging
• When and how to use hashtags in your posts on Twitter, Facebook and other social sites
• How to encourage your family members, friends and other fans and supporters to share and amplify your Buddy Walk® fundraising messages through their social profiles
Our guide was developed just for team captains like you who are looking to give this year’s Buddy Walk® fundraising a boost. We look forward to your success this year – and we hope you’ll let us know if these tips and best practices were helpful!